Hi, our dear future Office Manager, or Workplace Experience Manager, as we call it here at Happy Socks!
We spend about a third of our lives working. Therefore, I am on a mission to find someone who can sprinkle a bit of everyday magic into our workdays; fostering a fun, happy and productive workplace environment. From keeping the office supplies stocked to planning our future office move, your work is the secret sauce that makes our office culture so vibrant.
I actually wish you were here now, because if you were, you would be taking the lead in planning an all company event we’re having in two weeks, where we are flying in our fabulous team members from our NYC, Munich, Shanghai & Istanbul offices. And between you and me, we decided to throw this epic event just three weeks ago — that's the whirlwind pace of life here at Happy Socks!
If you join, you will report to me, the Chief People Officer, and become a vital member of our small, yet tight-knit People & Culture team, also called the Happiness team. Your base? Our HQ in Stockholm where you would be surrounded by 90 unique and creative minds from all around the world.
So, what will you actually do
- Make sure the office is always in tip-top shape, clean, and as organized as a well-folded sock drawer, and, of course, have the meeting rooms prepped and ready for action at all times
- Plan and throw some awesome internal happenings and events—think quirky and budget friendly contests like "Best Potato Lunch Box for Potato Day," and also more structured gatherings like AWs, breakfasts, lunch n’ learns, conferences, and parties
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail and packages (trust me, there's a bunch of socks making their way in and out of the office!)
- Keep the office fully stocked with essentials & handle the nitty-gritty office admin tasks
- Be the go-to person for any employee needs and the first point of contact for facility, office and simpler technical issues
- Handle the ins and outs of employee onboarding and offboarding, with a dash of various other HR/people tasks thrown into the mix
- Manage and coordinate all projects related to our office space—whether it's moving, rebuilding, or coordinating maintenance and repairs
- Craft and keep tabs on yearly office budget, making sure your projects and events stay within the budget lanes
- Ensure a fantastic workplace experience not only at the physical office but wherever our amazing team may be, embracing our hybrid work approach
Who are you?
You are a natural people-person with communication skills that can charm the socks off anyone! Fearless and brimming with creativity, you constantly brew up quirky ideas that breathe life into every project. As a project management guru, you navigate complexities with finesse, ensuring every endeavour is not just successful but a showcase of your organizational brilliance.
Ideally, you've rocked a similar role before, but honestly, we're more interested in who you are and what you can do than the route you took to get here. In our small, fast-paced crew, the ability to own every aspect of this role independently is a must. And oh, being fluent in both Swedish and English is essential as we engage daily in these languages with our diverse global team!
But most importantly, you have the personality to fit a somewhat crazy, fun work environment where we believe in color and playfulness, a place where you can expect the unexpected and you are a source of creative weirdness.
Ready to bring your unique flair to our team? Apply now as we'd love to have you join us soon
Love, happiness and color