Happy Socks’ mission is to make the world a more creative and colorful place, and you only have to spend a few minutes with us to realize how seriously we take it! In fact, our fun, positive approach is probably the reason we’ve seen such amazing growth over the past couple of years.
We’re now looking for a Buyer to make sure we can spread this happiness to every corner of the world. We are looking for an analytical person who loves data-crunching and to create order in an ever-changing world. As our Buyer, you’ll work closely with both designers and product developers to make sure we get each product made to the best price at the optimal time and location. You’ll handle one of our key product groups so we’re looking for you who absolutely love socks!
You'll be working at our HQ in Stockholm and will be part of a fun-loving and driven multicultural company of around 180 people from over 25 countries.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Optimize the range based on needs for all sales channels in combination with company strategy and goals
- Analyze past seasons to set relevant goals and targets for your product groups for coming seasons. All in line with company strategy and direction
- Work closely together with product developers and designers to create the right product at the right price
- Project lead buying requests from other departments
- Assure capacity for upcoming seasons in line with yearly plans set for each supplier
- Book seasonal capacity and give article based forecasts
- Perform price negotiations in line with set margin and price development targets
- Manage good relationship with suppliers throughout the production process, setting expectations and following up on performance on a regular basis
- Analyze and set optimal purchasing quantities and timelines, based on sales performance, sales estimations, stock levels, and lead time
- Make order placement for your product groups, as well as item and vendor management in the ERP system. Follow up of placed orders to both secure delivery accuracy throughout the season, as well as handle related invoices
- Manage negotiations regarding delays and order related discrepancies and claims
- Participate in yearly supplier performance evaluations, giving input on price performance, delivery precision, collaboration, and development opportunities
- Requirements & Skills
- 2+ years experience from working as a Buyer
- Degree in buying, business administration or similar
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written
- Very good knowledge of Excel
- Experience from Microsoft Dynamics is a plus
You are a hard-core team player with an eye for details and a drive for finding the best solutions and new opportunities for your product groups and work processes. Your analytical mindset paired with your ability to communicate and collaborate will work wonders in this role where you’ll handle tasks both high and low, narrow and wide!
Most importantly, you have the personality to fit a somewhat crazy, fun work environment where we believe in color and playfulness, a place where you can expect the unexpected and you are a source of creative weirdness.
Interested, and fitting into this profile? We would love to hear from you as soon as possible since we’re going through applications continually and would like you to join the team as soon as possible :-)