At Happy Socks we have made it our mission to spread happiness everywhere, and you only have to spend a few minutes with us to realize how seriously we take it! In fact, our fun, positive approach is probably the reason we’ve seen such amazing growth over the past couple of years.
We are now looking for a talented Store Manager for our Williamsburg store, in New York. As our Store Manager, your focus will be operating the store as a profit bearing unit, maintaining a credible brand and communicating our brand story to our end consumers.
In addition, you will of course make sure campaigns, guidelines, events, stock levels and store operations are executed according to plan. We have set strategies and frameworks for all Happy Socks stores globally, which also applies for our stores in North America. You’ll report to the NYC Retail District Manager, based in NYC.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Full responsibility for the store P and L, and for driving business to reach revenue and profitability targets for the store
- Responsible for store budget and all costs related to the store, including events and additional store supplies
- Maintain store staff by recruiting, hiring, training, and evaluating employees
- Build relationships with key customers
- Concept, plan and execute successful customer in-store events
- Coach, motivate and inspire store staff to meet individual sales goals; create and manage staff work schedule
- Provide a safe, clean and fun store environment for customers and staff
- Analyze store operations and voice input to Retail Operations team; identify problems and craft solutions
- Create sales recap reports on a regular basis identifying team “wins” and “challenges”, constantly looking for ways to improve (daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly)
- Create reports post-campaign to analyze and demonstrate key learnings and identify key areas of opportunity and growth
- Regularly review and monitor all aspects of product storage and inventory levels, and conduct store cycle counts (2x per year)
- Act as a brand ambassador, play an active role in the community and seek outreach/networking opportunities
- Stay up to date on industry and competitive trends and proactively make recommendations to keep the brand and store relevant
Requirements & Skills:
- 3+ years retail experience
- 1+ years in a Store Manager/leadership position
- Sound understanding of retail store operations and concepts
- A team player with a drive to succeed, and solution-oriented
- Selling superstar with a passion for mentoring others
- Structured, analytical and detail-focused
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Positive attitude and “lead by example” mentality
- Passion for our products and delivering a best-in-class customer experience
- At least basic knowledge in Excel
- Share the cultural philosophy/image of Happy Socks
- Visual Merchandising experience is a huge plus!
- Store location: Williamsburg
- Position will include work on some holidays, evenings and weekends
- You can show proof of COVID-19 vaccination & adherence to NY Office COVID policies