At Happy Socks we have made it our mission to spread happiness everywhere, and you only have to spend a few minutes with us to realize how seriously we take it!
We are looking for a PR & Communications Director to lead our communications efforts across PR, Influencer, and Social Media at Happy Socks. You are a hands-on, senior communications professional with powerful writing, coaching, messaging, and content development skills. It’s a strategic and operational role, where no day is the same!
We are 180 colorful and creative characters at Happy Socks from over 25 different countries and you'll be working at our quirky HQ in Stockholm, reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Responsible for Happy Socks Global Communications strategy and implementation
- Lead Happy Socks’ overall communications channels and strategies as well as team members across social, influencer marketing, and PR, to drive optimization of Happy Sock's brand across owned channels
- Together with local marketers, manage Happy Socks’ external global PR agencies, achieve high visibility with top tier industry media
- Drive key objectives and measurement for global communications function and continue to raise our Happy Socks share of voice in industry and markets
- Develop, coach and motivate a best-in-class team capable of delivering across a broad range of strategies and operating goals. Create a results-focused environment that includes clear goals, regular feedback and transparent accountability.
- Manage the annual global communications budget
- Defining KPIs to measure the success and follow up of all social, influencer, and PR initiatives
- Write press releases for international syndication ensuring stories translate to differing international markets
- Monitor press stories relating to the company and its brand and maximising opportunities for media coverage
- Provide advice and training to senior members of staff on communications with the press and any external comms
Requirements & skills
- BA/BS degree
- 5 - 8 years experience in a global brand, communications or PR role. Both in house and agency experience a plus
- Excellent track record within a public relations field with hands on experience constructing public relations communications, as well as implementing and executing effective strategies and management of programs
- You are a master storyteller and communicator as well as strategic leader
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong and proven track record with communications, media relations and social media
- A start-up mentality, high sense of urgency as well as an ability/interest in wearing multiple hats
- Ability to challenge the status quo and drive new ways of thinking of driving communications internally and externally
- Building, managing and coaching teams and individuals to achieve, continuously learn and grow their careers
- Excellent written and oral communications skills as well as influencing skills
- Ability to stay focused under pressure, prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent in spoken and written English, any other language a plus
As a fundamental part of our global marketing team, you are a leader always willing to share your knowledge and help others improve. Change is something you embrace, as it is something that is constant in our fast-growing and fast paced company. You have a good understanding of brand development and multi channel marketing concepts on a global level.
But most importantly, you have the personality to fit a fun work environment where we believe in color and playfulness, a place where you can expect the unexpected and you are a source of creative weirdness.
We would love to hear from you as soon as possible since we’re going through applications continually!