At Happy Socks we have made it our mission to spread happiness everywhere, and you only have to spend a few minutes with us to realise how seriously we take it! Our strong and fast growth is built on pro-active, smart, creative, hands-on and hardworking people who embrace Happy Socks’ culture & spirit.
The Marketplace Manager is responsible for driving sales on Amazon and leading the Marketplace Team, as well as developing the strategy for Amazon and future expansion to other marketplaces.
Happy Socks reach our customers both through our own retail channels as well as through partner sales and we are present on many digital channels. We are currently in a phase of scaling up our sales on Amazon in Europe, APAC, and the US. For the coming 5-8 months, making Amazon fly and delivering profitable growth will be the main focus for the team. At the same time we have grand plans for our marketplace expansion across the globe and you will be an important player in setting the strategy for how to expand our marketplace presence. On the horizon are for example to establish several marketplaces in the US and Asia.
You are a true specialist when it comes to marketplaces, especially all things Amazon. As such you will be driving the sales and operations on Amazon for the European and US markets together with the team. As well as starting up the venture into new Marketplaces. The role includes, but is not limited, to:
- Implement and drive the Happy Socks vision and culture on Amazon and future MP’s world wide.
- Drive and execute our commercial strategy on Amazon and future MP’s, making sure that growth targets are met by the right business activities
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Ownership of the Amazon and future MP’s P&LDrive and manage strong collaboration with key stakeholders within External partners
- Collaborating closely with other sales channels in assortment planning
- Building and sharing knowledge and best practices around Amazon and future MP’s within Happy Socks
- Identify, validate, and drive commercial projects and opportunities within Amazon and future MP’s.
- Create an effective and smooth customer journey within Amazon and future MP’s
- Build and create our network within Amazon and future MP’s , building trustful relationships and spreading knowledge to our partners, stakeholders and collaborators.
You will report to the Chief Commercial Officer and be a part of the Happy Socks sales Management team. Leading a team of 2 and managing partners for performance marketing and closing of unauthorized accounts. As we expand the business the team will also grow. Growing Marketplace sales also means a lot of potential to grow and develop within the role and at Happy Socks.
WE BELIEVE THAT YOU
- Are fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Have worked around +5 years since you graduated with sales and operations in a digital context. You have a proven track record within sales on marketplaces but preferably with a focus on Amazon.
- Have some past experience in leading a tea
- Have a highly adaptable, roll-up-your-sleeves mindse
- Are self-motivated and forward-thinking person who strive to succeed
- Do not fear to challenge status quo to identify new sources of growth
- Have a strong ability to think strategically and make things happen
- Have strong communication skills in English, verbal and in writing
We see that a university degree is nice to have.
Most importantly, you have the personality to fit a somewhat crazy, fun work environment where we believe in color and playfulness, a place where you can expect the unexpected and you are a source of creative weirdness.
TEAM AND CULTURE
The Happy Crew is made up by an international, driven, passionate, competent, creative, fun-loving bunch of people. At Happy Socks you can bring your whole self to work and work on being your best self.
Interested, and fitting into this profile? We would love to hear from you as soon as possible since we’re going through applications continually!