At Happy Socks we have made it our mission to spread happiness everywhere, and you only have to spend a few minutes with us to realise how seriously we take it! In fact, our fun, positive approach is probably the reason we’ve seen such amazing growth over the past couple of years.
We are now looking for a Graphic Designer to join our in-house Agency. As our Graphic Designer you'll focus on conceptualising & creating engaging printed material for our Happy Socks Collections including our gift boxes, catalogs, posters, labels & other printed materials that we create (you’ll not design the socks, that is something our stars in the merchandise team are responsible for!). You will develop ideas for campaigns and material for campaigns — logos, graphical treatments, posters, digital ads — whatever the campaign requires. You will also work on final art for gift boxes, labels, catalogs and other printed material. We are 180 colorful characters at Happy Socks from over 25 different countries and you'll work at our quirky HQ in Stockholm, Sweden.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Design and create advertising assets such as images & graphics for various applications
- Create playful and premium design for our gift boxes
- Create engaging in-store material for the brand and campaigns
- Collaborate and support the rest of the print team
- Final art for printed material
- Work in close collaboration with Happy Socks’ other departments
- Create artwork for gift boxes based on our sock patterns or campaigns
- Work on several campaigns at once, under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Take an idea from concept development to finished result that is tightly connected to our brand and our expression
- Support the Art Director at product shoots
You'll be part of the Print Team in the Happy Agency and report to the Print Lead.
Requirements & Skills
- 3+ years' of work experience as a Graphic Designer
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written
- Fully competent in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Skilled in creating engaging visual material that is brand-oriented
- Knowledgeable about print techniques and preparing artworks for print
- Previous experience in developing illustration and lettering
- Editorial design & retouch is a plus
You are a passionate, curious and print oriented designer who wants to learn and grow with us in all the creative fields. You thrive in an innovative and ever-changing environment and have the ability to work on multiple projects, quickly and with tight deadlines. When doing this, you still maintain the structure and organisation of your work and you can work independently and autonomously. You have the ability to take direction, implement feedback and execute final work.
Most importantly, you have the personality to fit a somewhat crazy, fun work environment where we believe in color and playfulness, a place where you can expect the unexpected and you are a source of creative weirdness.
Interested, and fitting into this profile? We would love to hear from you as soon as possible since we’re going through applications continually!
Please attach work samples or portfolio along with your application.