Happy Socks’ mission is to make the world a more creative and colorful place, and you only have to spend a few minutes with us to realize how seriously we take it!
We are now looking for a sock-loving Design Team Lead!
As our Design Team lead, you’ll work both high and low, narrow and wide! You’ll be hands on, designing the socks for one of our core product groups as well as managing our Product Design team of four people. You’ll work end to end, securing the design process in each step of the product development, from vision to product creation, and all the way through to our consumers.
You'll be working at our HQ in Stockholm and will be part of a fun-loving and driven multicultural company of around 180 people from over 25 countries. reporting to the Design & Assortment Director.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Set up and develop effective design workflows and processes together with the Design & Assortment Director, Creative Director and Production Manager
- Lead and coach the Design team to create a commercially strong collection that adheres to the vision of the Creative Director and company goals
- Scrutinize, plan and build an optimized product range together with buyers and product developers
- Ensure products and designs are in line with brand guidelines
- Analyze past seasons from a design perspective when planning a new season
- Take active part in designing parts of the collection each season
- Act as coach and mentor for your team members to make them grow thus you should bring out the best from the designers in your team
- Act as a bridge between the design team and other stakeholders in the company
Requirements & Skills
Bachelor’s degree in design or other related field
- 4-8 years of experience in a similar role
- Excellent knowledge in InDesign, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
- Experience from having direct reports
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written
- Great oral presentation skills, a passion for communicating great design
- A love and understanding of color
You are a creative at heart but still structured and analytical with a drive for finding the best solutions and new opportunities for our products and the work processes. Your inspirational leadership skills paired with your ability to communicate will work wonders when leading the design team and collaborating with different stakeholders in the company. You have a strong commercial and business mindset where you understand how product, price and margins correlate.
But most importantly, you have the personality to fit a somewhat crazy, fun work environment where we believe in color and playfulness, a place where you can expect the unexpected and you are a source of creative weirdness.
Interested, and fitting into this profile? We would love to hear from you as soon as possible since we’re going through applications continually!