At Happy Socks we have made it our mission to spread happiness everywhere, and you only have to spend a few minutes with us to realize how seriously we take it!
We are now looking for a Junior Marketing Manager based in our Munich Office. You’ll work closely with the DACH commercial team and the Global Marketing Team and support setting up the marketing strategy for the DACH Wholesale market (Germany, Austria and Switzerland). It's a temporary position, and we would like you to join the team as soon as possible. Depending on your performance and overall business needs, there is a possibility of the role becoming permanent after the initial contract period.
The Munich office opened 2018 and we are now a group of 15 happy and driven people. In total, we are 180 colourful characters from over 25 different countries at Happy Socks and you will have a close collaboration with the marketing, sales and product departments at our HQ and US office.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support by planning the DACH marketing strategy as well as execute and optimize the actual marketing plan, aligned with the global marketing strategy
- Work with the local Marketing Manager in DACH as well as with the global marketing team to develop an integrated marketing plan that will increase brand awareness, build brand equity, support new product launches, and develop further loyalty among consumers and trade
- Support our distributors in the region, helping them implement our DACH marketing strategy, as well as support their local marketing needs and requirements to grow our brand perception in each individual market
- Manage retailer and other partner cooperation on the marketing side, including in-store marketing, email marketing, the creation of merchandising materials
- Lead the briefing process to our internal agency for needs instore and online communication/campaigns
- Implement in store installations and online activations with the commercial team and B2B customers
- Organize promotional activities
- Evaluate, select, and manage local collaborations
- Support by managing trade and consumer shows, including booth design, build execution and logistics
- Support in daily business like image material send out, discuss marketing activities and opportunities with B2B customers.
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS
- 2+ years experience in a Marketing role (preferably as a regional marketing coordinator working close with HQ)
- Experience collaborating with social media and PR
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or equivalent
- Fluency in English & German, written and spoken
- Understanding of how to drive brand relevance in the digital space
- Driving license, class B (and a willingness to travel)
You are an energetic creative self-starter that manages your own work in a structured way. You like to be in a fast-paced environment where you’ll do everything from high to low and with several projects going on at the same time. You also like having different touching points within and outside the organization and you have great communication and relationship building skills.
Most importantly, you have the personality to fit a somewhat crazy, fun work environment where we believe in color and playfulness, a place where you can expect the unexpected and you are a source of creative weirdness.
We would love to hear from you as soon as possible since we’re going through applications continually!