At Happy Socks we have made it our mission to spread happiness everywhere, and you only have to spend a few minutes with us to realize how seriously we take it! Our strong and fast growth is built on pro-active, smart, creative, hands-on and hardworking people who embrace Happy Socks’ culture & spirit.
We are now looking for a Global Visual Merchandiser to cover a parental leave. It's a 12 month temporary position from June 2022 - June 2023. We are 180 colourful characters at Happy Socks from over 25 different countries and you'll work at our quirky HQ in Stockholm.
As our Global Visual Merchandiser you are the creative eye of the Global Retail Merchandising team, who will make sure our stores are presented in a way that supports the brand culture as well as the seasonal theme of each collection. To manage this you’ll set up a visual strategy for all stores and plan campaign areas and windows. You will also be responsible for training the staff in how to merchandise the collection by creating manuals and guidelines.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Have the overall visual responsibility for our 20 HQ-operated stores
- Support our distributors with assortment planning and by sharing your visual merchandising expertise (our distributors have over 110 stores!)
- Work closely with our Retail Merchandising Manager to make sure our visual expression are maximising sales and that the visual strategy is aligned with the product flow in store
- Monitor and follow up sales monthly and take actions in the stores based on your analysis and data driven conclusions
- Implement the window changes in store and also support with the orders of displays and other window material within the merchandising budget
- Guide and support our Graphic Design team to create assets for windows and to get the best visual results in our stores
- Supporting our Retail Design team in the planning of a new store
Requirements & Skills
- 3+ years’ of experience from a similar position (operationally is a must, strategically is a plus!)
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Eligible to work in Sweden (work visa or equivalent)
- Competent in VM tools such as, Adobe Suite or similar
- It’s not a must but it’s nice if you have experience of a 3D software (We use Rhino)
- A degree in Visual Merchandising or Visual Design is a plus
You have an excellent visual eye and are a creative genius who can both identify problems and come with solutions. You enjoy maximising sales and you know how to do it by effective merchandising. You are a social person who enjoys working cross-functional and getting to know different parts of the organisation.
Most importantly, you have the personality to fit a somewhat crazy, fun work environment where we believe in color and playfulness, a place where you can expect the unexpected and you are a source of creative weirdness.
We would love to hear from you as soon as possible since we’re going through applications continually!