At Happy Socks we have made it our mission to spread happiness everywhere, and you only have to spend a few minutes with us to realize how seriously we take it! Our strong and fast growth is built on pro-active, smart, creative, hands-on and hardworking people who embrace Happy Socks’ culture & spirit.
We are seeking a strong sales executive with a proven track record of both growing existing accounts and identifying and securing high volume new business partners.
The account executive will manage the day-to-day interaction with key accounts as well as manage and forecast revenue to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets. This position requires a strong grasp on assortment planning and understanding trends in the marketplace to help drive the US product offering and grow market share.
You will be an important player in our closely-knit team, partnering with our customers to spread happiness through our colorful and playful brand and products.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Develop sales strategies that deliver aggressive growth targets and optimize opportunity with key national accounts in the department store (Nordstrom, Bloomingdale’s, Neiman Marcus) and off-price (Nordstrom Rack, Bloomingdale’s Outlet, Marmaxx – TJ Maxx/Marshall’s)
- Establish strategy for online and digital native players to expand omnichannel footprint
- Identify new retail partners and lead go-to-market strategy including recommendations on assortment, pricing, marketing, and product flow
- Responsibility for management of regional rep groups to drive revenue with brand building specialty accounts
- Creation of monthly and annual sales targets that align to total market strategies and growth plans
- Ownership of full sales cycle from sell-in strategies to providing post-mortem sales analysis after shipment
- Partner with Operations team to manage and confirm shipment of all open orders
- Proactively leverage existing inventory to manage stock levels and fill immediate revenue gaps to achieve monthly targets
- Collaborate with design teams in Sweden to identify top performers and key growth categories to create ideal product offering for US market
- Recommend new sales policies and promotions for key accounts; manage pricing strategies, inventory, open-to-buy, markdowns and liquidation of aged inventory
- Collaborate closely with all cross-functional areas, including design & merchandising, sourcing, distribution, logistics, IT and finance to best service the needs
Who Are You
We see that you have 6-7 years of relevant experience. To be a star in this role you need to be a great relationship builder and team player.
Culture is very important at Happy Socks and we'll want to recognize that you have the personality to fit our work environment.
We believe in color and playfulness, fostering a workplace where you can expect the unexpected and you are a source of creativity.
The position is based in NYC, operating on a hybrid work schedule and require moderate travel. The Account Executive will report to the VP of Sales.
Apply now as we are reviewing candidates continually!