At Happy Socks we have made it our mission to spread happiness everywhere, and you only have to spend a few minutes with us to realize how seriously we take it!
We are now looking for a Global Sustainability Manager to act as a driving force to help our teams deliver a healthy and sustainable value chain from production to sales. In this new role, you’ll hold considerable responsibility for identifying and driving Happy Socks sustainability strategy and priorities as well as initiating, managing and supporting activities and projects within both the social as well as the environmental scope. You’ll work cross-functional and play a crucial part in integrating sustainability into all areas of Happy Socks long-term business strategy as the playful pioneer.
You’ll guide and push the senior management and the business with insight, methodology and framework to elevate the speed and quality to deliver on its sustainability ambitions. You will also get to show leadership in topics of relevance and identifying new and untapped potential.
To help you drive the sustainability set up at Happy Socks, you'll have a "sustainability working group" with representatives from each department. Together with a whole bunch of creative and hard working colleagues from all over the world, you'll be working at our HQ in Stockholm, reporting to the Chief Operating Officer.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Lead, develop and improve the global sustainability strategy and support the business in operationalizing it in their functional strategies and plans
- Set objectives and key results, track progress
- Coordinate and track sustainability activities in accordance with the global strategy and international standards
- Ensure internal competence building and information flow on sustainability across the organization on a global level
- Continuous monitoring of trends, policies and upcoming standards and legislation with respect to environmental and social sustainability
- Represent Happy Socks in external sustainability initiatives and ensure brand visibility within the industry and towards end-customers
- Identify and drive projects in areas of innovation and new business opportunities from a sustainability perspective
- Coordinate the work around the annual sustainability report in collaboration with relevant stakeholders
Requirements & Skills
- 5+ years experience of working with sustainability on both a strategic and operational level
- University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant field
- Experience from the textile industry and/or from a high-profile consumer brand is of big advantage to succeed in the role
- Technical know-how on various sustainability topics
- Fluent in English & Swedish. German or any other language is a plus
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
You’re confident in leading different projects simultaneously and have drive and high energy which inspires both teammates and stakeholders. As a self-starter and self-leader you like to roll up your sleeves and get things done. You have a commercial mindset and can build fact-based business cases in close cooperation with relevant stakeholders and find win-win solutions.
But most importantly, you have the personality to fit a fun work environment where we believe in color and playfulness, a place where you can expect the unexpected and you are a source of creative weirdness.
We would love to hear from you as soon as possible since we’re going through applications continually!